October 07, 2011

#POST 24

I haven’t blogged in a while. I guess I should start up again! So I’ve spent about a month in college now and trust me, when they say college changes you, they meant it. I feel…more like a slut really! Not in the way I dress, but in the way I’ve been acting. Ah well, if there ever was an appropriate time to slut up it would be now. I’m pretty sure I’d just got a high five from my favourite How I Met Your Mother character Barney for that comment.
 Although, since starting college I’ve seen an obscene amount of boys peeing, none of them unknown (unfortunately) to me and trust me I wasn’t trying to take a look! Fanshawe is pretty awesome, mainly because of this amazing find though:



Yeah, that shit is real Potter Heads, the Deathly Hallows will follow you erry’ where! The inner nerd in me completely flipped out upon this discovery in one of the cafes in the school. Let me tell you I was so stoked and my poor friend Dave was just so confused. Oh well, I know some people who would find that incredible, like Biltmony Maxamillion. (She did find it amazing for the record.)

My program is amazing! It’s so close knit. We went camping for a full week up in Musokoa in the first few weeks of September. It was amazing! Now let me tell you, being brown town, I don’t get out of the house a lot. I absolutely loved this kind of ‘camping’. I would have been so stoked to go to a place like Pinecrest, or similar to it. I made some really great friendships there that I won’t probably ever forget. Our group made these ‘burn bracelets’. The group leaders (2 years in my program) bought a giant rope, cut them long enough to wrap around our wrists and then fused them together with a lighter. Yes, you’re thought process is correct; they were lit on fire, while on our wrists, after they cooled off though they looked really cool.
The point is that they wouldn’t come off and that us as a group would always be connected by these bracelets. Of course being the small thing I am, I slipped mine off to shower and what not.


 It really changed some people too. The last night, there was this talent show and the shyest kid in the whole program came up along with Nate, (a kid in my class who is unaware of how socially awkward he is, but we all love him anyways) and they rapped up a storm in front of our entire camping family! It was incredible! The rap was god awful but the fact that he came up to do it, and the reinforcement from Nate was just heart-warming. When they were done, we cheered like the Beatles were on stage for him. He came back on stage a few seconds after and said, ‘We should all just have one big hug.’ Something you gotta know about Rec and Leisure kids, when you say group hug, we mean group hug. All 150ish of us ran up to hug this kid. It was so inspiring and amazing just to witness and be a part of that!
So far, I’m loving the college life! Maybe I’ll do a fashion post or a food post next time! I’m stoked regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment