July 09, 2011

POST #23


FASHION|THE VERSATILE DRESS

My first outfit post! So I have no idea how to articulate this type of post, but here I go trying...
So this is Beth.

I had Beth stand around my condo area; in about next to nothing as I took pictures of her with my crappy blue camera. Said camera is now missing, by the way. Anyways, I had her in one outfit the entire ‘shoot’. She was wearing a dress that could be worn to literally anything be it fancy, or just to hang around in. So this post is basically about how you can take one piece of clothing and recycle it for a few occasions.





For a fancy outing with this dress, I paired it with a thin grey belt, a few random black and sliver bracelets and a cute little pendant necklace, oh and killer heels. The heels are silver, but are reflective with the light.
This was the only picture I could get with the full outfit...
I personally think that the thin belt makes it a wee bit classier. The belt was bought at a hardcore catholic thrift store for 50 cents. You could pair this classy version of the versatile grey dress with any colour of bando/thank top. I personally liked the blue on Beth so we went with that for the 'shoot' but I would go for a more neutral colour for fancy events.
                                   

So as I said, the shoes were quite reflective, so when I tried to take a decent picture of them they looked green due to the grass. They are actually silver. I these shoes would would work great with a pair of dark skinny jeans or with cute short bold coloured summer dresses.

Another great accessory is a great leather jacket. This jacket looks great as a fancy jacket as well as a stylish everyday wear. Which brings us to the mix up, the everyday look version of thus dress.

Everything looks sexier with a leather jacket!



From Fancy to Chillin, just like that!

So for the hanging out version of this dress, I traded the heels for some ankle boots and the thin belt for a thick one. You could also work this with some leggings and flats. The combinations are really endless with this dress really.

So the accessories for this more casual look are these fabulous ankle boots:
And a thick belt:
 I feel that the thicker belt just seems more relaxed, less constriction and a lot more fun than a thin one. You could even play up the colours and styles of the belt. Depending on how you're wearing the dress, a belt can make a huge difference. For example, a shine-tasic belt while going clubbing would look way better than a nuetral coloured one would look. Belts are often the key to transforming outfits from Plain Jane to Dannng! 

So the last thing I would like to say about this photoshoot with Beth, is her makeup.

All I really did, was made giant <>'s to the corners and creases of her eyes with a black eye shadow blending with a brown towards her nose, then filled in the insides with a fun reddish copper colour to make her eyes pop a bit. A bit of eyeliner on the lid of her eye and mascara later, she looked ready to rock and roll!



Anywho, I would like to take this second to thank Beth for putting up with this silliness. She does make a far better model than I do though!

Doesn't she?

1 comment:

  1. love love love it! to bad i dont own this outfit!!! :( It wasnt as silly as u say though hun.
    I loved working with you, can't wait to do it again! xoxox
    B

    ReplyDelete