June 19, 2011

#POST 22

This is a sleep deprived post written because I am awake and tonight is worth writing about. First off my night started with my friend’s 20th birthday party. That was really boring and I do not feel bad saying that I was glad to leave. The plus side to the borefest was that I did not arrive there until 11:30 PM and this is where my night begins.

My friend Kolacz and I left to head up to the local Timmys at 2 AM. We decided that we would grab some grub and then climb Clemens Mill, our old elementary school. On our way to Timmy’s we stop across the street of another one of our friends, Mike. Out of tipsy-ness and the sense of adventure, we call him up and in about five minutes he to is on our way with us to Timmy’s. Kolacz and I thought it was so funny to call Mike up, and then we thought ‘Fuck Yeah Mike!’ for leaving his house at 2:30 AM to do some adventuring. We all make our way to Timmy’s and Kolacz parts ways with us for a few minutes to grab some cash so I could buy him some smokes. Being the only legal one out of the three of us he was really thankful that I had bought him them.

After our food stop we headed off to the school. It’s about 20 after 3 AM at this time. On the way we discover that Mike has a fear of heights, but like a champ he was willing to overcome his fear. Kolacz helps Mike and I get up on the first story and the view is just amazing. The trees look like a plastic model and the houses look as if they were carved carefully out of clay. When Kolacz gets himself on the first level, he leads us to the ladder of where the second story entrance was. I climbed up the cold ladder and discovered that the view form the first landing was absolutely nothing compared to what my eyes were taking in. It was quiet and peaceful, with just the sounds of the covered ceiling fans and the wind blowing around you. The entire city of Cambridge looked like, as Kolacz put it, a carefully crafted doll town. The houses looked perfect, the trees looked like small toys and the roads all disappeared with their bends and turns around corners. You could see for miles.

The time was now 4 AM. The beauty of the city completely consumes your mind, and then I looked up. The sky was wonderful. The clouds wrapped around the atmosphere like loose cotton fluff and moved at a painfully slow rate round the earth. The three of us laid on our backs and looked up at the sky, completely mesmerized by scattered stars and dream like clouds. There were no trees, or buildings obstructing our view of the limitless night sky before us. It was one of the most amazing experiences I’d ever had in my life.
I would also like to note that I did all of this in 3 inch heels. I feel very accomplished. I like to think that I was the first one ever to be on top of that school with heels that high. I got home at 10 to 5.

Now I am listening to Discovery by Daft Punk and finishing up this post. It was too amazing not to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment