March 07, 2011

#POST 17 Writing Pac

I wish I could finish at least one short story. It would honestly be a great achievement this year if I commit to anything at all. Even the new tumblr blog I made is slowly, yet surely being abandoned. I opened up this word document today to find this lovely quirky little story in the file, instead of a lost blog. Now because it is almost three thirty in the morning and I have no idea how to use the jump break on blogger I am linking my little story to my twitter via some application. You can read it Here.

Now I know, I should probably not be posting anything that has no point, no plot and no intention of an actual ending, but I am going to try and change that. I am going to try and post at least once a week. I need to find my writing groove back. I want to want to write, have it become a need as valuable as food. I think I’m going to start people watching and creating little plots of their lives and try to transfer them to text. I feel like Harriet the Spy now, but in any case writing makes a writer their name. I’ve never really fit into a steryo type, but I am willing to try and label my self as a legitimate creative writer. I just need to keep repeating this in my head, “Writers Write.”

I have a goal set in place. Once a month, I am going to post a story, poem or lyrical writing to my other blog (also collecting electronic dust as I type) The Online Storage Closet. Rather appropriate name, don’t you think? I always direct people to the blog when they ask me, “Can I read other things you’ve written?” But quite frankly, the last time I wrote anything and posted on that blog was probably two years ago. I need to start building my own library of written work, something to  show so that I can prove to my self that I am a writer, I do have talent and I can commit to something.
I hope I don’t bail on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment